Uncle is one of the main characters on the animated show. He is actually even called Uncle by everyone even though he is only Jackie's uncle. Jackie, even though he is usually a mature adult, will always get slapped by Uncle on the head to build his discipline. Or sometimes, just to throw a temper at Jackie if it's not about discipline.
- Voice Actor: Sab Shimono (English)
- Japanese Seiyu: Takao Ishii (Japanese, present) - Hajime Iijima (Japanese, past)
Born in the year of the Dog (The Dog and Piggy Show) (probably 1934), Uncle owns an antique store (which was originally an 8-track tape store), and became a chi wizard by learning his skills from Master Fong. As a child, he was part of the Seven Little Fortunes opera troupe (which Jackie Chan was part of in real life), and thus received opera school training. In addition, he is an accomplished martial artist in his own right, and according to Jackie (in The Dog and Piggy Show), Uncle himself was just like Jackie at the same age. Apparently, after he became too old for martial arts, he then studied an unknown fighting style that allowed him to knock out opponents with small jabs to the chest or neck, allowing him to knock out tough opponents like Captain Black (utilized in "Day of the Dragon"), often accompanied by his trademark line "You want a piece of Uncle?". He has also stated to have won a mahjong tournament in 1955.
Uncle is known as "Sensei" by Tohru (which is Japanese for teacher), and as "Uncle" by everyone else. He is the uncle of Jackie and great-uncle of Jade. He is a very stereotypical Chinese man. He often talks in third person about himself, and often uses Cantonese in many aspects of his speech, most notably his magic incantation, "Yu Mo Gui Gwui Fai Di Zao", which means "Evil demons and malevolent spirits, be gone!" (in Cantonese). His most common magical items are a dried salamander and dried puffer fish; they both have backgrounds in Asian remedies. His favorite drink is tea, but often complains that it's too hot or cold, and always throws away the cup after a sip. Digestion is of much concern to him, and his favorite food is a mung bean sandwich.
A running gag between Uncle and Jackie is when Jackie does something wrong and Uncle hits him over the head with a two-fingered strike. He has hit other characters such as Valmont, Captain Black, Tohru, Daolon Wong, Hsi Wu the Sky Demon, and, on one occasion, himself (as he had blamed himself for a kidnapping of Tohru) in the same way. Several times, when Jackie is unconscious, he dreams that a ghost head of Uncle is floating above him telling him what's going on and why he should get up. It always ends with Uncle's ghost whacking him over the head as mentioned before. The same dream also actually happens to Uncle in the episode The Dog and Piggy Show.
Uncle is not what one would call technology-savvy, since he does not understand devices such as faxes (he gets all his facts from books), laptops (calling Jade's a "magic waffle iron"), and the World Wide Web. However, ironically, he can understand sending a spell through the phone, but not a piece of paper (as Jackie puts it in "The Chan Who Knew Too Much" from Season 2). In the episode "The Shadow Eaters", he is revealed to have a passion for oil painting. His true name is never mentioned, and even Jade's visiting parents call him Uncle.
Power and abilities
Uncle's most notable ability is his extensive knowledge of magic.
Catchphrases & Quotes Edit
- "One more thing!"
- "Magic must defeat magic!"
- "Do not (Never) question Uncle!"
- "We must do reeea-search!"
- "You want a piece of Uncle?"
- "Uncle Has The Willies!!!" (when Dark Chi magic is nearby)
- "You will pay for that!"
- "You break it, you buy it!" (after someone acidentaly breakes one of his antiques in the shop)
- "You want (someone) to (do something)? Yes(No)? Then (do whatever task Uncle wants)!"
- "Do not rush the chi!"
- "You are a terrible salesman!"
- "(someone) give (someone else) a hug."
- "The (object) is NOT important!"
- "Someone (or Person) must watch the shop."
- How can Uncle fix(something) without(thing needed to fix it)
- "Never mock the cookie"
- "Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao"
- "I may be an old dog, but I have new tricks"
- "Do not rush Uncle!"
- Looks around* "Where to?"
- I will vanquish you and feed your chi to my master (when Uncle was servent of the chi vampire.)
- Never mock the sock.
- In the second season episode "Jade Times Jade" he said that his Master's name was "Chi Master Fong" and he studied under him for 15 years.
- In "Jade Times Jade" Uncle finally decided to take an apprentice, and instantly picked Tohru seconds after announcing it. At first both Tohru and Jade were not satisfied with Uncle's decision.
- Uncle's Chi weapons of choice are a Lizard and a Blowfish, which he switches between regularly.
- Uncle wasn't always into Chi Magic and research; back when Jackie was Jade's age Uncle was a disco dancer and hadn't learned about Chi magic.
- Uncle is "Everyone's Uncle"; even if you aren't related to him, you can still call him Uncle.
- Jade's Dad isn't sure of the exact way Uncle is related to them, and guesses he's their cousin.
- Uncle is an avid Mahjong player. In "Cruise Control" he says that he was "Hong Kong Community Center Champion, 1955" in Mahjong.
- When he was younger he was in the Peking Opera and was known as chuckles.
- We have never actually seen Uncle make a sale in his shop.
|Jackie Chan Adventures|
|List of Jackie Chan Adventures Characters|
|Jackie Chan - Jade Chan - Uncle - Tohru|
|Major Secondary Characters|
|Captain Black - El Toro Fuerte - Paco - Viper - Mama Tohru|
|Shendu - Demon Sorcerers - Daolon Wong - Tarakudo - Drago|
|Valmont - The Enforcers - Shadowkhan - Hak Foo - Bartholomew Chang - Monkey King - Dark Chi Warriors - Oni - Ice Gang|
|Drew - Ms. Hartman - Lo Pei - Eight Immortals|